“Cut Your Energy Costs” - Energy Efficiency Programs for Business Customers
Learn more about energy savings programs that pay back. The NYS SBDC, in partnership with National Grid is offering small business owners an opportunity to lower their energy usage and save money on utility bills. The Onondaga SBDC is hosting an Energy Efficiency Program on Thursday, February 25, 2010 at Onondaga Community College, Room 216/220 Coyne Building, Syracuse, NY from 8:00-10:00 am. Participants will find out how to cut their business’ electric energy costs by up to 30% with the Small Business Services Program from National Grid.

Presented by Kathleen George, National Grid Energy Efficiency Service, the National Grid Small Business Services Program offers a free on site energy audit of the facilities’ electrical equipment. Also presenting will be Matt Cinquanti from SmartWatt Energy, Central NY Regional Program Administrator for the lighting portion of the program, and Tom Jordan from National Resource Management to discuss refrigeration measures available.

Based on the audit a proposal will be developed with recommendations for energy efficiency measures. Available projects may include lighting upgrades (removal and environmentally-friendly disposal of fluorescent lights and ballasts), lighting occupancy sensors, walk-in cooler or refrigeration efficiency measures and site specific projects with installation at the business owner’s convenience. If the business decides to go ahead and implement the recommended efficiency measures, National Grid will pay up to 70% of the project cost and finance the remaining 30% share of the cost through the electric bill interest free for 24 months. The business can also choose to pay in one lump sum and receive a 15% discount.

Pre-registration is required for this FREE event. The event will be held at Onondaga Community College, Room 216/220 Coyne Building, Syracuse, NY on Thursday February 25, 2010 from 8:00-10:00 am. Light refreshments will be served during check-in at 7:30 am. To register or obtain more information, call the Small Business Development Center at 315-498-6070 or email: ceteraf@sunyocc.edu

Newer Story Return To List Older Story